Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Random thoughts from ME..

OK, so I don't know what it is about today but I am losing it. I kind of hate Tuesdays. I live in SLC, and I have to run to Bountiful to drop of Jaidy to school by 12:15. I wait for her and while I am waiting I usually put Jens down for a nap. I pick her up at 2:30 and then wait for Jens to wake up. He usually doesn't wake up until 3;30 or 4. I know great right? Except I feel like my day is wasted. I sit around most of the day and do NOTHING!! I think about all the things that I could be doing at home and things I could be accomplishing and that just makes it worse. Well, after school today and after Jens woke up we headed home. We get home and my house is a disaster!! Not exaggerating.. this is what I feel like when I get home and see the mess that I have to clean up..

A little dazed, confused to how messy my house can possibly get in a couple hours.. and crazy!! And then I remember its probably because I have a little boy who is almost 2 and was sent down to me to test my patience!! I swear I sometimes don't know how I am going to make it through the day.
Yesterday I was folding laundry in my room and Jens was really quiet. I asked Jaidy to go and check on him, and I hear her say to him, "Jens are you stuck? Do you need me to help you get out?" His response was, "uh huh."
Well I went to check on him and he had climbed up onto the table and into his high chair and was stuck backwards trying to sit down. I seriously wonder what goes on in this kids head. I think he is always saying in his little head. "I wonder what I can do today that will make Mommy mad."
He is the cutest little kid and at times, well most of the time he is so sweet. He is stubborn and very independent. When he wants something done he will just go and do it himself if I can't get there fast enough.
He throws stuff, (which he is really good at) he pours stuff out on the floor, furniture, Jaidy!! He wants food all the time and will go to any lengths to get it. He LOVES permanent markers, and chap stick. He loves loves to bug his sister. He loves the toilet and really likes to throw stuff in it and flush it. (hope you laughing, because I am a pretty sane person even though I have a Dennis the Menes on my hands. He screams and runs away when I tell him he has to get his diaper changed. Brushing his teeth is a JOKE!
My little man to say the least is a handful and today I think I just needed to let it out there. So that in case there was any one else dealing with this you could sympathize with me.

Anyways, onto something else. Anyone else in love with CHEVRON like me?? Its every where and I lOVE IT..



I wish I could have a bright white interior in my house as well. I love all the things you can do to an empty canvas. Its so beautiful!!

I am always LOVING sewing lately. I have started making Jaidy some dresses and skirts and I am completely in love..






So, after days like today when I can get a second to take a break and breath.. I count my many blessings that I have 2 amazing children that I LOVE more then anything, and that love me back!

Thanks for letting me ramble on about my day and my adorably terrible 2 child!!

4 comments:

Kimba said...

wyatt spends every waking moment either eating, or trying to get something to eat. i'm not kidding. it's kinda frightening for the teenage years!

and you are amazing - that dress is so cute. i have zero sewing skills, and you always make me want to learn!

Abby said...

I have a friend with two boys and she has a sign in her kitchen that says "Mothers of little boys are busy from son up till son down!"

Too true!

That little dress is so cute. Love the fabric choices you made.

Susie Heaton said...

Rach, Alex was the same way. One day he was made at me and went into the back yard and pulled up all my flowers I had just planted. I think he was 2 1/2. I found him in the dishwasher and always climbing on and in things. They do try our patience. I love that you are sewing. The dresses are adorable.

Ryan said...

You make me laugh! :) I feel like that picture a good 90 percent of my week. I am loving the chevron pattern. I found some chevron fabric the other week for really cheap and in lots of different colors. I will have to send you the sight. I think they would make darling pillows!