Wednesday, April 1, 2009

He's here!

Well, we welcomed our little man a little bit earlier then we
expected. He was born on March 31st at 2:53am. He was 4lbs 13oz and
18in long. We couldn't be happier that he decided to come early. He
has been such a joy to our family already. Jaidyn is just in love with
her new little brother.
We decided to name him Jensen Taylor Moncur. It fits him perfectly!
Well, I thought I would tell a little bit about my delivery. Taylor
and I are so blessed that we had such a great Dr and nurses on hand
when he came.. I'll explain-
I had been having contractions all day since about 3:00. They started
to get regular around 8:00 and by 10:30 I told Taylor we should
probably go in. With Jaidyn still awake we packed everything up and
headed to the hospital. Well when I went in there I was still only
dialated to a 2 and still only 50% effaced. (how annoying is that) so
Taylor decided to take Jaidy home to put her down for bed and he would
come back later when things started rolling. An hour of walking and
another hour of horrible contractions they FiNaLLy admitted me. By
then I was still only at a 3+ and almost thinned completely. Taylor
ended up getting there just before my epidural and I was grateful. I
about broke his hand in nervous panic and because I was having to hold
still during my contractions. Possibly one of the hardest things I
think we have to do while pregnant. He is a good sport though.
They got my epidural in great! Didn't even hurt. My Dr then broke my
water and said things should start rolling. All this happened and
finished around 1:30am. Things got a little tense from this point on.
Everytime I would have a contraction Jensen's heart would drop and
stay low for awhile and then jump back up. They kept telling me to
switch sides, roll over, lay this way and that way. It started to
stress me out and they had to put me on Oxygen to regulate my
breathing. Around 2:40 my Dr came in and told me that things weren't
looking good and if his heart rate kept doing what it was doing we
would have to do a C-Section. Well, out of no where they lost his
heart rate. They put something up me to put on his head to find it
better and NOTHING. Within 3 seconds I was wheeled out of the Labor
and Delivery Room and rushed to Emergency for an emergency C Section.
I started to panic, they wheeled me away so fast I couldn't even say
anything to Taylor but reach out my hand for him in tears. This moment
shook me as a person. I consider myself a strong person emotionally.
Someone who I thought could handle a situation like this if it ever
came up. Holy smokes I was dead wrong. At this point I didn't care
what happened to me as long as my little boy came out ok. Healthy
strong and breathing with no complications.
So, when we finally got to the Operating room something went wrong
with all the cords and they couldn't get my unhooked fast enough. So
my Dr told me to PuSh!!! I pushed 5-6 times and he came out. My baby
had has his cord wrapped around his next and he had stopped breathing.
A couple seconds later after coming out there was SCReAMInG! My baby
was ok.. He was breathing and that sound was the most beautiful sound
I had ever heard.
Side Note: we are so lucky he was small because I was only dialated to
an 8 when my Dr told me to push. I pushed a child out only being an
8!!! Thank goodness I didn't have to much damage down there. I only
had a couple stiches and that's it.
I felt like I had been in a movie. The emotions that were in the room
and that I was feeling were unexplainable. I haven't ever seen so many
Dr's and Nurses in one room before. I am so grateful for my Dr and the
smart decision he made to save my babies life.
Jensen had to be hooked up to IV's and a breathing tube because he
couldn't do it by himself. It was so sad to see the pictures of him. I
was only able to see him for a second before they wheeled him off to
the Nursery. You are so happy to have this baby that you have carried
around for 9 months and in a second you feel like they are taken away.
Thank goodness it was only for about 5 hours. Then I finally got to
hold him. I will post all the pictures when I leave the hospital. Or
if Taylor brings the computer I will do it today.
Thanks to everyone for all your support and kind words. We were
blessed! He his doing awesome and is so tiny but strong. We would love
visitors so come on by the hospital. Were at American Fork!

25 comments:

Lignell Family said...

Rachel, that is so scary... I am glad the little peanut is here and safe and that you are doing well too! He sure is a cute little one!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Oh congratulations! I got so teary eyed reading about it! I can't imagine. SO glad to hear all is well!

Mike and Brit Harris said...

Congrats!!! Cute pic! I'm so glad that he is ok, that is so scary! I had a similar experience with my first and ended up having a emergency c section, I don't wish that worry on anyone. Anyway glad that he is doing well, and you are too!

Mel said...

AHHH!!!! Rachel... That is SO scary!! I'm SOOO glad that everything is ok. I remember being there with my sister when they had to take her in for an emergency c-section & it was so scary! I am seriously so glad that he's ok! Good Job mommy!! Hope you are feeling well! He is a cutie! Get so rest while you can! You're a mom of 2 now so I'm guessing the sleeping will be a little harder to get! HaHa! Love ya!

Natalie Carver said...

Oh Rach and Tay, I am so happy that things went well for you....or that they eventually went well! I had some similar complications, but mine didnt go as far as yours did! It is so scary, and you are right "you just want that little person to be ok!"
Congrats and Good Luck with everything!

Kimba said...

Wow Rachel, that's crazy! It's amazing how many emotions you feel, I was totally unprepared for that during labor. The cord was wrapped around Wyatt's neck as well and it was so frightening not knowing what was really going on. I'm so glad it worked out and that he's here safe! Congrats! He's so adorable!

ashlan said...

Im glad everything turned out to be great! Congrats on your new little one!

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

Congratulations my good buddy!
I am so excited for you and your wife. I am glad that things came out well. keep posting pics of the little one, my wife and I love pics of little babies....so cute...

Stacey said...

Rachel, I don't know how you handled that. That would be terrifying. Your Dr. was so inspired, and I can't believe how things work out, the way he was so perfectly small. I think that little man is supposed to be here. Congratulations, he is perfect!

{Layla} said...

oh wow Rach, Austin and I had our jaws dropped through this whole story--that is so scary!! I am so so so happy it turned out good! THat is amazing you were able to push him out at only and 8 and not have to have a c-section after all! I am so glad he is healthy and you are doing fine. I would love to come see him before we leave for the summer! When do you two leave! Congratulations again--he is a cutie!

Jake and Shannon Box said...

HOly cow!!! Reading that totally made me cry...so I can't even imagine how you were feeling during that and all the JOY following!!! Congrats on the darling new babe!!!

Ric and Meagan said...

Oh my gosh... you went through so much that is so scary i dont know how you did it. Your so strong i am so glad that you are both ok and things are running smoothly now. he is so perfect looking you and tay did such a good job. You were so tiny i guess that explains it lol. jaid is so cute with her little brother. i wanna come see you we are just so busy this week.

we love you and cant wait to see you guys.

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

How scary but I'm so glad everything worked out just right! Congratulations...I'm sure he's a total stud muffin!

Cameron and Rachel Bott said...

I wouldn't say that you were not strong in a scary situation, you did it and he is safe. I don't know anyone that has had to do that and honestly I am not sure I could have. Good job Rach, and to your nurses and doctor. How miraculous that he was so small. Doesn't our Heavenly Father amaze you with his plans sometimes. I am so glad he is here safe and can't wait to meet him. Congrats you two.

The Rindi's said...

Oh wow you are amazing!! Mike and I are also so happy everything worked out ok!! Props to you for pushing him out during such an emotional time!! When do you guys leave? We want to come see you!! Enjoy your sleep while you are at the hospital!!

Ann-Marie said...

Congratulations! I too got teary reading your story. My labor story was somewhat similar and it was so scary. I'm glad you're pumpking is healthy and here! Tell Taylor congratulations from us as well!

missy said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! I am crying reading this! Babies really are miracles-we are so lucky we have the chance to have them!! Congrats to your whole family Rachel!!!! He is reallllly cute!

Brooke Baker said...

AAAHHH! You're my HERO! You've always been so strong Rach! I really want to come see you, so I will try to sneak out of work and come by! (but if I can't, let's get together soon!) Congratulations on the new addition!

Brooke Baker said...

AAAHHH! You're my HERO! You've always been so strong Rach! I really want to come see you, so I will try to sneak out of work and come by! (but if I can't, let's get together soon!) Congratulations on the new addition!

Tara said...

Wow! I'm so happy that everything turned out okay, both mom and baby! What a miracle! I'm excited for you to post more pictures of your little guy. btw, Jensen is a finalist for boy names if Adalyn were a boy or if we ever have one! Very cute!

Colb, Sar and Cici said...

yeah! congrats guys! Its sounds like you've been through quite a bit ! i'm glad everything turned out okay! he's a doll!

Anonymous said...

I seriously was crying reading your delivery story. gosh that is so close to home for me. I am so happy everything is okay. cant wait to meet your little man.

Meradith said...

Oh my GOODNESS I am so happy to hear that everything turned out ok! I cannot even imagine what you must have felt! Congratulations Rach he is BEAUTIFUL! How long will you be in the hospital? or are you home?? We want to come see you!

The Moncurs said...

SOOOOO happy for you guys! He is so adorable!!

Megan said...

Oh..Rachel I am do glad that things worked out and that you are all doing well. That sounds like a nightmare delivery. Jenson is a cutie just like his sister!