Monday, June 9, 2008

It's been a rough couple of weeks!

Well.. I haven't posted anything for awhile because I had an unfortunate thing happen. I ended up having a miscarriage this past week, and it has been really hard. I never ever thought that it would happen to me. I am healthy and really cautious when I am pregnant. Well, the Lord had something else in mind. I guess the little squirt couldn't come down just yet. I have truly gained a stronger testimony through this. I have prayed so much for the comfort and guidance and I can't tell you how much of that I have had. I am amazed at how strong the Lord is in our life. He is truly amazing. It's been rough being alone here in Missouri with no family, and having to go through this. I am just so lucky to have the support of my friends and family out here. I didn't want to post this so everyone would play pity party for me. I just didn't want to have people always asking me how my pregnancy is going. It's just nice to get it out in the open. I just wanted to let everyone know who has gone through this that I am so sorry. I never could really comprehend the heart ache that is caused when losing an unborn baby. I do now, and I am forever grateful that I am able to help others get through this. I love my Heavenly Father so much. He has been my rock through this. I am grateful that I was able to grow and strengthen my testimony through this hard time. He has a reason for everything doesn't he? Thanks to everyone who has been so great through this. I Love you all.

25 comments:

The Rindi's said...

Rachel I'm so sorry I have no idea what to say expect that we are here if you need anything and we will keep you in our prayers!

The Parkers said...

Rach I truly am so Sorry! I have no idea what you are going through but can only imagine. I do know that if there is something wrong with the fetus it is nothing you can control it just happens. I will pray for you and your so right that heavenly father will help us through anything. I do know that the lord would never give us anything we could not handle and I have a few challanges in my life and I only stronger and better for them. Please know I am thinking of you and am truly sorry. Love Lindsay

Unknown said...

Rach, there isn't anything anyone can say that can make you feel better I'm sure. But know that I'm thinking about you. I've had 2 miscarriages and I understand how traumatic they can be. Don't feel bad if you just need to lay there and cry. You're a tough chick- I'm impressed by your positive attitude. Hang in there and know that everything will eventually be ok and I'm sure you'll have LOTS of beautiful babies before you know it. Feel free to email me if you need to vent or anything. I've had a lot of friends go through this and it's always nice to talk to someone who sort of understands. steffanic03@yahoo.com

The Thueson's said...

Oh Rachey poo.. I still am so sorry that this happened! I am glad to hear that you are feeling a little better though. That is rough. I can't even imagine what it would be like. You are amazing girl though. I am happy that you have little Jaidyn there to keep you smiling :) Be sure to let me know if you need me.. I will be on the first flight out!

Amanda said...

We are so sorry. We love you! We are praying for you!

Chelsea said...

Oh my lil Rachy,
I have been thinking of you ever since you told me. I a m so sorry you are going through this and I cant be there with you! Just know I love you and I am thinking of you and praying for you! You are such an amazing person, you have been through so much in your life and you WILL get through this! I love you so much!

Tyler and Nicole Anderson said...

Rach! I feel so bad...I know exactly how you feel! It's been 7 months since I had mine, and it's still hard going through! I know it's so hard right now for you, and PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do for you! You are in our prayers! You are a STRONG person! I admire you! Take Care!

Eliza said...

...I happened across your blog via Rachel Bott's...

First off, {{{HUGS}}}

I had a miscarriage in December 07 and it was one of the hardest things I've ever been through, but at the same time one of the most spiritually enlightening. You're right, Heavenly Father will not leave us comfortless.

On a particularly rough day for me my husband sent me a text message that said... ""The future is so incredible, you just don't have the eyes to see it right now."

And I'd say the same to you and your darling family. Again {{{HUGS}}} and you'll be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie,
Your are so brave and strong. I love you so much and feel your pain. I pray for you each day.
Love, Susie

The Parks Fam said...

Rachel, Hope you don't mind me leaving a comment on your blog, Ive seen your link on SOO many of our same friends..I need to add you to mine. But I just wanted to say that I am sOOO sorry for your loss. I am sitting here in tears reading about this because I just went through the EXACT same thing. I was 11 weeks along and found out the sweet little babe quit growing. It was seriously one of the worst things I have ever gone through, I know that sounds crazy but miscarriages are seriously soo hard. No one understands it until it happens to them. Here I am pregnant again after only 1 month of being back to normal and I am a nervous WRECK everyday but feel so blessed to be doing it all over again. I know that the same thing will happen to you. You will be pregnant again in no time and things will go great. Lean on the lord, your hubby and squeeze that sweet baby girl of your everyday and you will be surprised how quickly you can recover. I hope you feel like you can email me or comment me if you just need to talk to someone who was just i your exact shoes. It really just sucks, there no other word to describe it all. Take care of yourself and get healthy again and you'll be holding a baby in your arms before you know it. I will definitely pray for you!! Hugs!

Tony Carver said...

Rach- I am so sorry to hear about this! My heart achs for you! I know what you are going through, and there is nothing anyone can say or do to make you feel better! You are so strong, and your faith is amazing. There is another plan for your little family! I think when this happens you enjoy your next pregnancy more, you cherish all the small things that you wouldn't have before! I am so sorry and if you need anyone to talk to, I am here! Love you lots!
You are in our prayers!

Jenna Johnson said...

Rachel,
I'm so sorry~You hate to even wonder why it was your turn to have something like this happen to you! I hope you begin to feel better and that things start looking up for you!

Natalie said...

You're in my prayers Rach!

Brooke Baker said...

Rachel, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Courtney and I are sitting here feeling so bad. Take care of yourself....we love you.

parkinsonfamily324.blogspot.com said...

Rachel i'm so sorry you and your family are in our prayers.

Chelsea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat Carver said...

I posted a long message and then realized I was logged in as Chel. OOPS. Anyways, the gist of was.. I love you guys and I know everything happens for a reason. Hang in there.

Kimba said...

Rachel, I'm so sorry! I can only imagine how it would be, we are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and know that everything does happen for a reason. You are so strong, we'll be praying for you!

Cameron and Rachel Bott said...

Rachel,
Sweetie I know what you are going through and even though right now it all seems so unbearable it will get better. Just love your little Jaidyn she is a sweetie and she will help make your life seem a little better. Hang in there. I love you and am thinking of you.

ashlan said...

Rach, I can't believe how positive you are about the whole situation, you have helped me realize how easy it is to take such a hard situation and turn it around, I to have been where you are and I know every situation is different but it doesn't make it any easier, just relax ( I know you have a toddler your thinking how do I relax) and take care. You are in my thoughts and prayers.... Just think of it this way you have more time to prepare for another one, or two...

Mel said...

Well we have all ready talked and talked about all of this but I just wanted to say again how sorry I am for you and Taylor. People who have never been through it simply don't understand and you are right that now you will be more equipped to help others through the same trial. I know that the Lord expects me to be there for others that go through this just like there were certain people that helped me through it. You will never "get over it" so don't think you have to. It will ALWAYS be a loss no matter what the circumstances were/are. It still haunts me every day and sometimes the only thing that makes you feel better is to lock yourself in your room and cry it out.

You are so strong I know but remember what I told you that you don't have to be superwoman. It's ok to cry and be sad and hurt.

I'm grateful every day for this gospel because it is the only hope that I cling to sometimes. Hold Jaidyn a little tighter today because more than ever now you realize what a blessing SHE is in your life. I love ya! Hang in there! I'll talk to you later!

Stacie Trevino said...

Love you, Rach.

Brad and Britt said...

you guys are in our thoughts and prayers! Rach- this random thought may cheer you up though.... just remember the times when you and Adam and Courtney would sit me down on your family's couch and ask me to say "grapes" or "drapes" or "snakes" trying to correct my lisp! haha! Well the good news is that it EVENTUALLY went away...but I can attribute my successes to you teaching me how to speak correctly! haha! I have so many great memories growing up with you and your family! so, stay happy and keep your spirits up!

lauren said...

our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. you're such a strong and amazing person, i know you'll get through this! :D

Ivins Family said...

Hey Rach...I know you are probably sick of all the people telling you how sorry they are, but I just wanted you to know that me and Jon are thinking of you. We miss you guys so much and are praying for you to get through this. We're grateful to have you guys as friends. I am so sorry again...I know that heavenly father sends us trials like these to help make us stronger. We love you guys and are excited for you to come home.